“International Fashion Week Dubai Season 9 SS20”
International Fashion Week Dubai (IFWD) Season 9 S/S was a high-end fashion event organized by The Opulence Events LLC, produced by Cheryle Dias the event was held from 15th to 16th November 2019 at Hotel Sofitel the Palm Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Once again IFWD was a splendid very successful fashion week while keeping its concept alive by bringing fashion designers from various countries to UAE. The designers were provided an opportunity to showcase their latest collection of haute couture, bridals, party wear and ready to wear etc. This lineup of designers was amazing; 25 Designers participated in the 2 day mega event.
The Event was inaugurated by the Chief Guest H.H Sheikh Obaid Bin Suhail Bin Batti Al Maktoum, the event was attended by prominent members of the Royal Family, Diplomats from various consulates, Over 100 Medias local and international covered the event. National New paper Khaleej time was the main media partner, many media travelled from different parts of the world such as Poland, India, Germany etc.
Founder & Managing Director and Producer of the show Ms. Cheryle Dias – said that she is always trying her best and inclined towards promoting and upgrading the fashion industry and to bring about Fashion, Technology, and Business together under one platform, and to give an opportunity to innovative and talented emerging designers to start their career from our platform and at the same time to also acknowledge their work and encourage the best of talents by rewarding them, the event presently holds a PR value of AED 1 billion since the time its started, we again featured the 4th edition of the International Fashion Awards @ International Fashion Week Dubai S9, and awards were given away for various categories. Its encourages designer a lot, she mentioned that we have Introduced Dubai as an International Fashion Hub in the International Fashion Calendar and since the conception of IFWD in May 2015 we have already brought more than 70 countries designers to Dubai..many of them we help them start their business in UAE.
Few of the awards are given as, Best International Fashion Designer India 2019- Ashok Maanay, India. Best News Paper 2019- Khaleej Times, Suhail Al Galadari UAE. . Best Fashion Media 2019 Wassim Mamdil from MMM International, UAE. Best Couture Designer 2019-Ali Asaad, Syria. Best International Couture Designer Phillipines 2019 Chona Bacco Phillipines Best Local Designer UAE Mariam Al Khalaf – UAE, Best Designer Syria 2019 Said Omari Syria. Emerging Designers Compensation awards were given for 1st and 2nd position.
The participant designers on day 1 were as follows:
- Opening show- Mona Al Mansouri from UAE showcased her Couture and bridal collections
- Second Show- Chonna . B from Philippine showcased her ready to wear collections
- Third show- Sarene FU from Taiwan showcased evening wear looks
- Fourth show- Sawsan Skief Haute Couture from Algeria showcased her Kaftan collections
- Fifth Show-Rita Nassah from Belgium showcased her Turban collections
- Sixth Show- Saima Sadeq Hassan from Jordan showcased their collections
- Seventh Show- Atelier S By Rania Shenoda from France showcased their collections
- Eight Show- Roupak Jamshidi from Iran showcased her Ready to Wear Collections
- Ninth closing Show on 1st Day– Rozen Daw from Palestine closed the show on the First day with her stunning evening wear collections on the Ramp.
The participant designers on day 2 were as follows:
- Opening show- Ashok Maanay from India showcased his Indian ethnic collection
- Second show- Waletty from Romania showcased her evening wear collections
- Third Show- Sura Saad from Iraq showcased her highend abaya collection
- Fourth Show- Rimma Banetti from Russia showcased her evening wear collections
- Fifth Show- Mariam Al Khalaf from UAE showcased her high end arabic kaftans
- Sixth Show- Emerging Fashion Designers Competition
- Seventh Show- Khaleej times Walks- A unique show by Khaleej times who brought their Magazines on the Ramp
- Eight show- Said Omari from Syria showcased his couture collection
- Ninth Show- Ali Asaad from Syria showcased his stunning couture collection
- Tenth and Finale Closing show- Grand finale was a dazzling show by cheryle dias it was a concept show on the theme of summer spring 20/20
Some of the refined products were exhibited during the fashion week, at the popup shops which included High end products from many more fashion brands.
Some of the sponsors of the fashion week were, Sobha Realty, Careem, Sofitel the Palm Dubai, Genie Events, Hadi Hair lounge, Schwarzkopf Professional, MMM International, Cheryle Bridal & Couture, London Street my Style, Eternal Clinic, Restlane, Capital College, Sharjah University, London College of Arts. Our media partners were Khaleej Times UAE, Dubai Fashion TV, HD Fashion TV France , TV Life Italy, Dream Fashion TV India , MMM International, Al Nabed UAE. Al Manara UAE, Dubai World Fashion Magazine, World Class Fashion Magazine USA, Fashion Channel Italy, Fashion Luxury Italy, Fashionz Ultimate India and many more.
The show had a super success, attended by 2000, and catered to an exclusive audience which included royal family, Ambassadors, Buyers, Retailers, Trade houses, entrepreneurs, Fashion Designers, Fashion design Students, fashionista’s and High-end society, with an unparalleled press and media coverage.
Our upcoming season calendar;
- Season 3- International Fashion Week in Milan on 21st Feb 2020 in Milan, Italy
- Season 2 of International Fashion Week in Paris on 24th Feb 2020 in Paris France
- Season 10 of International Fashion Week in Dubai from 12th to 14th March 2020, in Dubai, UAE
- Season 1- Launch of International Fashion Week in Newyork 20/20 – Dates to b announced
- Season 1- Launch of International Fashion Week in London 20/20 – Dates to b announced
For enquiries for participation as fashion designer, expo or sponsorship.