Roberto Mercuri Interviews Patricia Phang, Miss Malaysia Global Beauty Queen 2016
- Roberto Mercuri:
- Patricia, you are the winner of this contest so you will represent Malaysia in Korea.
What are your feelings?
- Patricia Phang:
- I am so exited being given a chance to represent my country Malaysia in a world class beauty pageant , meeting beautiful ladies from other
country and working with the lovely pageant organising crews , it is a great experience and its memories will last a lifetime.
Hopely I will make Malaysia proud and show the best of Malaysia to the world.
- What or who did encourage you to participate in this important contest?
- Like many other young girls , being a beauty queen was my childhood dream.
As it was the last year and last chance for me to participate in a beauty pageant , so I decided to give it a try.
Being here in Korea representing my country Malaysia is like having my childhood dream came true.
- The topic of 2016 is “Beauty That Makes a Difference”. In addition to the external beauty, which are your character and cultural elements
you think you have and can help you and “make the difference” in your every day life? everyday?
- As my country Malaysia is made of a multi culture and mix ethnics nation . I myself have Thai , & Chinese ancestry , I may not speak much of
Thai but beside able to speak and write in Malay ( Bahasa Malaysia ) and English , I could speak and write fluence Chinese and also well spoken in 3 Chinese dialects. This give me an edge to understand and able to communicate with more people in the society and widen my social horizon .
- As you know in the finale, in Korea, you will face your colleagues from other countries for the title of Miss Global Beauty Queen 2016.
What advice would you give them to win ….? And what is your lack (not external) you have to better control during the finale?
- The advice i would give to the other contestants is be confident , as they say ” Confidence is King in the pageant world ” . In any beauty
contest , judges are looking for confidence in winners to represent the thier title as a winner. A winner that believes in herself.
On the other hand , I find ‘ controling my emotions ‘ is part of my weakness , I have to overcome that and control my emotions in the finale.
- One last question. How will your life change, your view of everyday routine, after the goal you achieved?
- By winning Miss Malaysia Global Beauty Queen 2016 has gain me more recognition in the commercial and modeling industry . Suddenly I am in the
sportlight , invitations to events , opening ceremony ect coming all around my country. As for my routine life , I guess I will still be
myself , but a more Graceful and Elegance Patricia Phang . Just to remind myself to be graceful at all time in public or on social medias , as now I am representing my country as Miss Malaysia Global Beauty Queen .
- Special Thanks to Cristiano F. for helping us with the translation of this interview.
- Photo of the winner by courtesy of MISS MALAYSIA 2016 Organization.
- Special thaks to Gianluca Sole for taking picture to Roberto Mercuri at fashion show “Roma è Moda”, Rome, July 20, 2016.
- Rome, 2016-10-23